You can’t be living in this year – and not playing the game that has been ruling the world for the last 10 years. Yes, you guessed it right! We’re talking about Minecraft – I mean, can you even stop? Developed by Mojang, it was officially released in November 2011 though it had been out in some ways since 2009.
What is Minecraft Aqua Affinity – what does it do?
Minecraft Aqua Affinity – is a term that’s popular among gamers and players, especially if you’re in the advanced levels? Now, what is Minecraft Aqua Affinity? It is a helmet enchantment that’s used by players for increasing their underwater mining rate. The enchantment weight is 2, and maximum level required for Minecraft Aqua Affinity is I. Do you know how to create Blue Ice on Minecraft?
This means, that the maximum level for Aqua Affinity enchantment is undoubtedly Level 1, and to elaborate further, this implies, an item can only be enchanted with up to this level, and not beyond this level to gain the benefits of enchantment. The primary items required includes a turtle shell and a helmet, and there are no secondary item requirements.
If you’re a player, and you go mining underwater often, you already know that mining underwater is slower than normal. If you’re mining blocks underwater, it takes 5 times the usual duration of mining, to finish. But, this can be bypassed by wearing an Aqua Affinity powered armor and helmet. When you’re wearing this, all levels have the same effect – and the penalty of slow time while mining underwater would completely be overlooked.
If you’re also floating, underwater, that too, without a Minecraft Aqua Affinity, you’re supposed to take an overwhelming amount of time. When measured in comparison to mining out of water, mining underwater without Minecraft Aqua Affinity takes 25 times more the time than what’s usually taken. To save your precious time, and speed up the process, it is recommended you go floating with a helmet that has Minecraft Aqua Affinity.
Supported Platforms & Versions
Now to the dismay of all players, not all features or new items are available in all versions of the game, or supported by their platforms. So, let’s take a quick look at all the platforms that do support Minecraft Aqua Affinity – From Java Edition available in PC/Mac, to Pocket Edition to Education Edition to Windows 10 Edition to Xbox 360 to Xbox One to Nintendo Switch to PS3 and PS4 to Wii U, it is supported in all these platforms and you’re lucky if you’re playing on any one of these platforms.
Items that can be enchanted with Minecraft Aqua Affinity
Well, if you didn’t know it already – let us tell you. You can enchant a number of items with Minecraft Aqua Affinity, other than a helmet. These are the items:
- Diamond Helmet
- Golden Helmet
- Leather Cap
- Iron Helmet
- Chain Helmet
- Netherite Helmet
- Turtle Shell
- Dyed Leather Cap
How to wear an enchanted helmet?
Once you have a leather cap or an iron helmet that is enchanted with Minecraft Aqua Affinity, you must know how to wear it – because if you don’t know how to do the next step, you might be stuck unable to take advantage of it in the game, increasing your speed underwater or decreasing the time taken underwater. Here are the detailed steps on how you can wear an enchanted helmet:
- Whether you have a diamond helmet or a golden one, or an iron one, you will need to wear it. For that, you must move it from the inventory to the character’s helmet box.
- Once you do that, you would notice that the appearance of the character would change as the helmet is worn.
Now you might never come to this point if you don’t know how to make a helmet in the Minecraft game. So, here’s an easy tutorial for you on how to make a diamond helmet:
- The materials you need to craft a diamond helmet for yourself is 5 diamonds, so before you begin, make sure you have them.
- The next step is to open the crafting table, which is a 3×3 grid.
- Once you have opened the crafting table, in front of you, you will need to place the materials, that is, the 5 diamonds, in the 3×3 crafting grid. Now, you must realize that the positioning of these materials is extremely important to get the final product – one error, and you could end up with an unsuccessful crafting procedure!
- The first row must have three diamonds, placed alongside one another. The second row must have one diamond, then a blank space and then another diamond placed. The third row would be empty and don’t mistake this part! This is the crafting recipe for Minecraft Aqua Affinity.
- Once you have followed the right crafting recipe and placed them in the right order, you will see that a diamond helmet has appeared in the box which occurs at the right of the crafting table.
- Once you see this, you should move your diamond helmet to the inventory – and once that is complete, congratulations you have a diamond helmet.
Where to find Aqua Affinity Minecraft?
Once you have the found the Minecraft Aqua Affinity enchantment, you can add it to any helmet and leather cap, using an enchanting table, or a game command or an anvil. Well, to run game commands, it is no unknown fact that you have to turn cheats on in the world you have created.
The usual game command is: /enchant <targets> <enchantment> [level] for some editions, and /enchant <player> <enchantment> [level] for others. To use the enchantment table, you will need to use your experience points and lapis lazuli. Open your enchanting table, place the item you want to enchant in the first box and in the second box, you place the lapis lazuli. On the right, you’ll be shown three enchantment slots which tell you the possible enchantments you can choose from. Each enchantment like Aqua Affinity or Respiration has an experience level demand, and you need to have that level of experience to unlock that! By the way, do you know how to make a Stonecutter?