In some cases, when you apply for an online job and submit it via e-mail, you have to add signature to pdf files with your CV. This can be done only through printing, signing, and scanning the document and attaching it to your email.. That’s a boring, time consuming job. Besides, there are other ways to add a signature into a PDF file that are simpler and faster. Here you can see the quick ways below:
Differentiate between the electronic and certificate signature (digital signature):
It’s becoming common knowledge that electronic signatures are easy to use.. With one click of the mouse or by using fingerprints, users may easily sign documents. A certificate signature (digital signature), however, is encrypted for security which only allows the authorized user access to use it.
An electronic signature is equivalent to the original handwritten signature. It is just an image of your signature on a PDF page overlaid. On the other side, a Certificate signature (digital signature) is authenticated, meaning an individual with a private signing key has seen and signed the document. It’s secure, but it is complicated, too. The Certificate signature (digital signature) is the equivalent of a notarization signature online. A reliable, certificate authority third party is the notary of authentication of your identity.
Ways of adding electronic signature in PDF:
Lumin PDF is a software aimed at replacing tedious work with PDF files using effective digital procedures. Using Lumin PDF you can easily sign all the necessary documents fast and easy online. You will leave pens, papers and scanners in the past. Lumin allows you to create a signature by yourself almost the same way as drawing on paper.
- Click the Signature icon on Lumin toolbar
- Click Create Signature
- Draw paint the signature with a brush, as in any graphics editor
- Drag, resize and position the signature inside the PDF file
If you have ready-made signatures of the teammates, boss, or your own, just paste it into the document.
· Click the Signature icon on Lumin toolbar
- Click Upload Image
- Choose the file from your PC no larger than 2.5 MB
You can also insert a signature in PDF by writing one of the fonts. We have 6 types of fonts for signature, in which you can also choose the color, opacity, and thickness.
- Click the Signature icon on Lumin toolbar
- Click Type
- Choose a style and fill the font
Once you have created the signature, you can change the opacity of the image or add a comment.
LightPDF (all platforms are supported):
LightPDF is a free online PDF platform that helps you to add your signature digitally into PDF. No installation or registration is required for this tool. You can transform PDF to Text, PNG, JPG, PPT or Text, PNG, JPG, PPT, Excel to PDF without any limits. You can edit your PDF file quickly, by merging, splitting, unlocking, securing, etc. This is an easy guide to how this program works.
- In your browser, visit Sign PDF and then put the PDF file.
- Then press on the option “feather-like” then “+ Create Signature” and now on “Draw Signature” Using the mouse in the box to show your signature. To save it, press “Save.”
- After that, you can select a signature on PDF, by clicking the feather-like button. On the above option, click on “Save File.” The file will be processed immediately by LightPDF. To save your PDF file, click on the “Download” button.
Using Adobe Reader (For windows):
It is one of the most versatile and supportive applications for PDF signature. But they typically allow a premium version to be purchased before using their signature features.
- Select the “Fill & Sign” tab to sign a document with Adobe Reader.
- To add a signature, click “Add Signature.”
- In one of three instances, you can create a signature. Adobe Reader assigns “Type” by default. So that you can type your name and transfer it to a signature.
- You may click “Draw,” and use your mouse or touch screen to sketch your signature.
- You can also choose “Image”, if you want to sign a sheet of paper, scan the document with a scanner and then add the written signature to Adobe Reader.
Using Adobe Fill & Sign (For Android):
Similar to the iPhone and iPad, you can sign an unlimited number of papers free every month through “Adobe Fill & Sign”. It allows the camera to take pictures of paper documents and electronically sign them.
When the app is enabled, you can open the app’s PDF documents and press on the signing button. The signed paper can then be shared with another application by clicking on “Share”. “Sign Now” is recommended if you want more features and are willing to pay.
Using Preview (For Mac):
You can use “Preview” to add signature in PDF on your Mac. This is a default image and PDF file converter or editing tool. It allows you to display, crop, mark, highlight, record, share and add a document signature. The steps below are the signatures to be added to a PDF file using this method.
- Open your Mac’s PDF file first with Preview. Tap next on ‘Tools’, then ‘Annotate’, next ‘Signatures’, and ‘Manage Signatures’
- To start making a signature, click on the “Camera” tab. Preview option allows you to draw your manuscript-based virtual signature. Click on the “Done” button. Or press on “Trackpad” and sign and press on the “Done” button to save the signature.
Way of adding digital certificate sign to PDF:
ApowerPDF assists you in inserting the digital signature to PDF. You will use it to generate a new PDF file. You can convert PDF to JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, and Bitmap formats. It can also add messages, images, watermarks, passwords, PDF pages, and many more. These simple instructions help you to add the above tool to sign.
- Download the ApowerPDF software on your computer and run the tool.
- When done, press the “Sign” button, and then press on “Draw New Signature Rectangle” to drag the field. If you choose to generate a new signature to be added to your PDF click “New ID” in Sign As menu.
- When you don’t have a current ID, pick “A new digital ID I want to build now.” To enter the “Next” form on the “Add Digital ID” window, click the “Windows Certificate store.”
- Then click on “Next,” enter a password, confirm and click on “Finish”. To add your new ID to your PDF, click “Sign.”
These are the simple ways of inserting your signature to a PDF format. Among all available PDF editors I liked Lumin PDF the most. I was able to use the software for free to add an electronic signature to PDF and used instant collaboration features to edit PDF documents with my coworkers online. Also, Lumin PDF is super user – friendly. It usually takes me some time to learn a new tool or a software. There was another story with Lumin. I organically learnt how to use software without any struggle.