When you are updating Windows, you may be posed with the question, “What is Sedsvc”? The answer to the question “What is Sedsvc” is a file that enters your desktop or PC or laptop when the aforementioned updating is over. Now do not get alarmed thinking that this is some kind of a virus or malware that will cause your computer to crash down or stop working.
What is Sedsvc? Well, Sedsvc is an executable file that gets into your system when you update the Windows. Sedsvc will improve the quality of Windows on your system. It is very safe for your system, it’s not a virus or malware. At the same time, Sedsvc also has a negative attribute as they have the potential to be used for harming your computer and making sure that it never functions again.
I plan to answer the question “What is Sedsvc” more elaborately in following sections. We will not only understand the Sedsvc process but will also get to know how get rid of Sedsvc.
If you are wondering “What is Sedsvc” and where can you find it, you will have to look for it in the C drive under the program files from where you will have to go to the “REMPL” folder. The official answer provided for the question “What is Sedsvc” includes the fact that it is an update that incorporates reliable improvements to Windows 10.
In addition to that, it is also possible that it can consume some space of the internal hard drive for which you will be required to free up some of that space. This is to ensure that your system has enough space to accommodate this new update.
The answer to the question “What is Sedsvc.exe” also covers the files and other resources that can explain the update process in more details. When these updates are installed, they provide better security to the devices than when they were in their previous avatar.
5 Things you must know about Sedsvc
To answer the question “What is Sedsvc” even better,
here are few more detailed information about the same:
- The update requires that your system should not go into Sleep Mode as quickly as it does, so that the updates can be installed without any hindrance whatsoever. At the same time, the installation will conform to the configurations pertaining to the sleep settings of your system. It will also do the same for times when the system is active or when you use it the most.
- If you are asked “What is Sedsvc”, you may say that this update usually attempts to reconfigure the settings of the network in case a problem is detected. In addition to that, it will also ensure that the registry keys are cleaned up. This is to ensure that the updates do not face any hindrance before they have been successfully installed and that the process of installation is smooth.
- Sedsvc.exe specializes in fixing the corrupted or disabled parts of the operating system of Windows. This is equally important since these corrupted parts often have an impact on the application of the updates that are available to the Windows 10 version. If they are not removed from your system, not only will the condition of the system be compromised, but you may not be able to get these updates as well.
- The Sedsvc update is also capable of compressing all your files in the user profile directory. By doing this, it is able to empty a lot of space that can then be used up by the updates that have been installed. This is another very important feature of Sedsvc that makes it so useful for the system that is installing all these updates.
- The Sedsvc update is capable of resetting the database of Windows Update so that any problem that may prevent the successful installation of the updates can be stopped at its inception. The only side-effect to this resetting is that you will find the history to your Windows Update completely cleared.
How to Get Rid of Sedsvc?
Now that the question “What is Sedsvc” has been answered in details, it is also equally essential that you know how to disable Sedsvc.exe, since it has the potential to harm your system as well.
The answer to the question “What is Sedsvc” must also include the steps to remove the Sedsvc update permanently from your system. For that you need to choose any of the following method with steps provided below:
1. Disable Sedsvc With the help of Task Manager
You will first have to reach the taskbar and right click the Windows icon that you can see on that bar.
A window is going to open up that will comprise multiple options to choose from. You will have to select the Task Manager from these options by either clicking on it. You can also do so by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del which will open up the task manager directly.
Once you have made your way into the task manager, you will find a long list of options in front of you. You will have to keep scrolling until you come across the option that says Windows Remediation Service.
Once you reach that, you will have to right click on it, following which a dialog box will appear. Choose the option “End task” by clicking on it.
Once this entire procedure is over, you must restart your computer so that, all the changes that you have made so far in your system can be realized in the system.
2. Get rid of Sedsvc with the help of Utility Service
- The first step in this process is to open the “run” dialog box by pressing Windows key and R simultaneously. You can also do the same by going to the start option and searching for the run option and then pressing enter to access it.
- When the dialog box opens up, you will have to type “services.MSC”.
- Once you do this, you will see a service utility window appearing on your screen. Once again you will see a long list of options to choose from. Following this, you will have to keep scrolling down as long as you do not reach the Windows Remediation Service option.
- You will have to right click on this option so that it opens up and you can choose the option of Properties from the list provided to you.
- Once this process is finished, you can head back to the general tab, where you will see an option called the startup type. Beside that you will find a dropdown list which will also consist of multiple options. Search for the option that says “Disabled” and click on it.
- After finishing this, go back to the services status section where you will discover the stop option. You are required to click on it.
- Once that is done click on OK. Now you are ready to apply all the changes that you have set up so far for your system.
- Finally, restart your computer and see whether or not the problems you were facing before conducting the above process are still prevalent or not.
3. Remove Sedsvc With the Help of System Restore
The answer to the question “What is Sedsvc” must also include the ways in which Sedsvc can be disabled in Windows 10. Fortunately for this system, it has a built-in solution that can ensure that your system is without any error. This is System Restore option and it allows you to make any change that can be applied without having to deal with any system error.
While describing “What is Sedsvc.exe” to someone, you must not forget to mention that the system restore option does not affect any of the other files except for the system ones. In addition to that, all the other files are kept secure and safe. The steps of using the System Restore are as follows:
- Firstly, you will have to press the Windows key and the S key on the keyboard which will open up a search box.
- In that search box you will find another search box where you will have to type “Restore”.
- You will see a list of results following the above step. From that list you will have to select the option of “Create a restore point”.
- Once the above step is done you will have to search for the system restore button and click on it once you discover it.
- In order to begin the procedure, you will have to click next. Once you do this, a list of timestamps will appear on your screen. You must choose the right timestamp that coincides with the time when the issues were not discovered or not found.
- Once the above step has been completed, you will have to click on “Next” following which the process of system restore will initiate.
In other words, the answer to the question “What is
Sedsvc” is basically about the ways in which you can update the Windows feature
of your computer as well as protect from it.